10 Reasons to Choose Chicken
Chicken is one of the most beloved foods among people of all ages throughout the world. It forms a crucial part of culinary traditions across cultures. It is also highly nutritious and is great for your body beyond the taste buds. Here are some amazing facts about chicken.
1. Chicken is high in protein.
in vitamin B6 – this helps lower levels of homocysteine in the body, leading to lower risks of getting a heart attack.
3. Chicken contains tryptophan and vitamin B5 — both of these are known to have calming effects on the body. In addition, if you’re feeling depressed, eating some poultry will increase the serotonin levels in your brain, enhance your mood, blasting stress, and lulling you to sleep.
4. It helps prevent inflammation from common infections like the cold and prevents respiratory invasion.
5. Helps maintain bone density and bone health. It’s rich in phosphorous and calcium, which are both great components for bone development and maintenance.
6. Excellent source of Niacin and a very good source of selenium, which is known to decrease the risk of arthritis.
7. Can lower blood cholesterol and blood LDL-cholesterol, and, at the same time, improve the quality of triglyceride (TG) circulating around in the blood.
8. It’s also a good source of omega-3 fatty acids; these are known to be beneficial to the cardiovascular system.
9. Chicken is high in retinol, alpha and beta-carotene, and lycopene, all derived from vitamin A, and all vital for healthy eyesight.
10. Chicken is one of the best foods for growing children. Chicken has lots of amino acids that helps the child to grow taller and stronger.